Saturday, October 19, 2013

Avoiding trouble talk for Youth

Preteen and teen youth learn about what happened to Trayvon Martin, and how to avoid inadvertently getting into these (and other legal situations).  



Haley asked the criminal defense attorneys that came to talk to the children about "being smart and avoiding trouble" some EXCELLENT questions:

"So, what if I'm WITH someone who is smoking weed and I breathe the smoke, can that affect me? And if it is found to be in my system, how can I let the judge know that I didn't actually smoke the weed myself?" - Haley age 11

Did you know...that if a 13 year-old takes naked photos of herself and texts them to her 13 year old boyfriend...they both COULD be charged felony child porn charges if...say a school teacher confiscates the phone and happens to see the photos? And felony child porn conviction = registered sex offender for 10 years for a child under 17!! Who knew...