Additionally, I've been mentally planning our extra garage space room conversion to a nice outdoorish sorta of space where the kiddos can be loud(er), more creative, and can engage in crafts, paints, and also have an additional space in which to study. I would LOVE to obtain more shelving and create library of sorts in this space as well.
First thing's first. We have to relocate the animals that occupy the space.
We rescued a stray puppy 1 year ago. How do you NOT take a puppy, under the circumstances? Give it a go. But here we are, a year later, and I realize that the family is not too keen on this dog. No one walks the dog, or loves on the dog. The dog stays in the crate, our out in the yard alone. THEN, in her boredom, she barks incessantly at random nothing...irritating the neighbors who subsequently call the cops!!
I've been conditioned to immediately respond when the dog starts barking. And back into the crate she goes!!
Maybe because of the type of dog she is...or maybe because the lack of family interaction...the dog doesn't even come to us when we call her. She sits and acts like she doesn't know who we are. I took her to a dog park, out running, out the gate, and she just fails to even acknowledge the person calling for her.
She's not aggressive at all. And she's actually a great dog.
Just not for our family.
And they all know it.
So I found another family for her.
And now, we can focus on converting our room, decreasing distractions (imagine the huge distraction a barking dog, cops, and a frantic mom are to home-schooled kids!!) and reorganizing - creating a more ideal family situation for home-learning.